.Coach M.Gembar148 Aurora StreetLancaster NY 14086716.686.3220 ext 7120Tryout Quick Facts:
- Each day a specific skill set will be taught. (Forearm Passing, Over Hand Passing, & Serving/Hitting)
- Individuals will be evaluated the following day.
- Experience is not required, the modified programs focus is on learning athletic skills and game rules.
- Experienced/past players will be on hand as mentors to assist you with each skill set.
- Tryouts will be conducted in a closed Gym, no parents or sibling will be allowed in the gym.
- This is a team sport and 100% commitment to he team is essential!
MODIFIED PROGRAM PHILOSOPHYThis program is available to all students in the seventh and eight grades. Sports activities offered are determined by the existence of leagues, student interest and the relationship to the high school program. At this level, the focus is on learning athletic skills and game rules, fundamentals of team play, socio-emotional growth, physiologically appropriate demands on the adolescent body, and healthy competition.At the modified level, the number of teams and size of the squad in any sport will be determined by the availability of financial resources, qualified coaches, suitable facilities and a safe environment.Practice sessions are vital in order for the desired development of the adolescent athlete and team to occur. Regulations governing practice sessions are published by the New York State Public High School Association and must be adhered to in order to insure the safety of all concerned. Opportunities for meaningful contest participation for each individual will exist over the course of a season.
Last Modified on September 13, 2017