Welcome to the Academy of Hospitality and Tourism site! If you are looking for information about the academy, required courses, and the application process, you have come to the right place! Below, you will find some general information. Please feel free to explore this page, as well as my personal classroom page for further information.
You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.Miss Kathleen WilsonDirector, Academy of Hospitality and TourismRoom 217, Lancaster High SchoolWhat is AOHT?
- The Academy of Hospitality and Tourism (AOHT) is a “small learning community” focused on careers in the hospitality, tourism and restaurant industry.
- Students apply to the academy during their Freshman year, and the curriculum begins in the Sophomore year.
- Student’s core subjects are enhanced with a concentration in hospitality to include hotel administration, restaurant management, culinary arts, event planning, travel and tourism.
- The excitement and diversity in the hospitality and tourism industry makes it an attractive field for students who are fascinated by other cultures and economies.
- The AOHT provides engaging courses and real-life work experiences that inspire students about their future whether it is in this industry or other professions.
The application process begins during January of the student's Freshman year.
- Completion of the AOHT program of study helps prepare students for post-secondary education not only in hospitality and tourism related majors but also for any concentrated program requiring a strong foundation in social studies, business, and language arts.
Last Modified on August 24, 2017