National Councils of ExcellenceExcellence deserves recognition.
Middle level and high school student councils that consistently provide quality leadership activities and service to their schools and communities can earn national recognition through NASC's National Councils of Excellence program.
There are two levels of recognition. A student council achieves the National Council of Excellence Award when it has demonstrated that it meets all the NASC requirements. The National Gold Council of Excellence is awarded to those councils that demonstrate the highest levels of leadership, plus meet additional standards as set by NASC.
These awards distinguish outstanding student councils by guiding student leaders and their faculty advisers through a process featuring standards-based criteria and demonstration-based outcomes, reflecting more than 80 years of expertise in student council and leadership programming.
Student councils that earn a National Council of Excellence Award receive:
- A National Council of Excellence certificate proclaiming their achievement
- An official letter from NASC recognizing and congratulating student leaders and the school
- A press release that can be customized for local news media
- Inclusion of their school name in the winners’ list published on the NASC website
- Recognition during the NASC National Conference (Winning schools are displayed during the conference and delegates from winning schools will receive official National Council of Excellence ribbons)
- Eligibility to purchase special recognition items designed specifically for National Council of Excellence award winners.
- A special National Councils of Excellence winners’ seal in JPG format for placement on school websites and in electronic or print communications.