The Lancaster Central School District Board of Education ("Board") is committed to providing a safe and orderly school environment where students may receive and District personnel may deliver quality educational services without disruption or interference. Responsible behavior by students, teachers, or other District personnel, parents and other visitors is essential to achieving this goal.The District has a long-standing set of expectations for conduct on school property and at school functions. These expectations are based on the principles of civility, mutual respect, citizenship, character, tolerance, honesty and integrity. The Lancaster Central School District's mission statement and each individual school's mission statement reflect these principles. These include:
- Lancaster Central School District's purpose is to provide our students with a comprehensive educational program that will allow them to develop fully the necessary academic and social skills to become responsible and productive members of a democratic society.
- The Como Park Elementary mission: To consistently offer many opportunities; this will be accomplished by positive environment which promotes achievement, respect for self and others and knowledge of how to interact with the world community in a caring, responsible way.
- The Court Street Elementary mission: The faculty and staff at Court Street School are here to create a climate which will enable all students to develop to their fullest potential intellectually, emotionally and socially so that each child will become a well-adjusted, contributing member of society.
- The Hillview Elementary mission: The mission of Hillview School is for the entire school community to provide a caring environment in which the whole child can achieve academic success, develop a love of learning and demonstrate respect for others.
- The John A. Sciole mission: Teaching and learning for all, in a safe and orderly environment, with many varied educational opportunities, in a climate which includes high expectations for success.
- The William Street School mission: We are a diverse group dedicated to providing leadership for excellence in education. Our purpose is to create a cohesive environment which nurtures and supports educational standards, individual potential and responsible citizenship.
- The Lancaster Middle School mission: The Lancaster Middle School community is dedicated to providing a child-centered learning environment that will enable all students to become life-long productive members of society through the development of their physical, social and intellectual abilities, while respecting the rights, talents and individual differences of self and others.
- The Lancaster High School mission: To revitalize the educational climate to promote achievement, respect and pride.The Board recognizes the need to clearly define these expectations for acceptable conduct on school property, to identify the possible consequences of unacceptable conduct, and to ensure that discipline when necessary is administered promptly and fairly. To this end, the Board adopts this Code of Conduct ("Code").Unless otherwise indicated, this Code applies to all students, school personnel, parents and other visitors when on school property or attending a school function.