Ms. Riexinger8th Grade MathGrading Policies and ExpectationsGrading Policies
- 75% Classroom Assessments (quizzes and tests)
- 15% Homework
- 10% Participation (POD's, preparedness, extra practice assignments, projects)
1 ½” binder with 5 tabs labeled: P.O.D., notes, homework, tests, other
- Scientific Calculator (TI-34 Multiview or last year's model TI-30XIIS)
Expectation #1: Be Ready
Expectation #2: Be Respectful
- Come to class with your agenda, binder, homework, pencil, red pen, paper, and calculator
- Only one person is permitted to speak at a time
- Always give your full attention to the person speaking
- Stay in your seat unless a teacher gives you permission
- Be positive and cooperative in school and life
- Be polite to adults and peers
Expectation #3: Be Responsible
- Follow the student code of conduct at all times
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself at all times
Expectation #5: Be There
- Be on time and in your seat when the bell rings
- Follow the beginning of class procedures
- Verbal praise
- Written praise
- Happy call home
- Pride in a job well done
- Raffle tickets
- Seat card
- Homework coupon
- Verbal warning
- Phone call home
- In-school/ lunch/ after-school detention
- Referral to principal
- Improvement plan
Beginning of Class
- Check the table for handouts
- Go directly to your seat
- Take out your binder, calculator, and a pencil (put all other materials under your desk)
- Do the P.O.D. (Problem Of the Day)
Movement in the Classroom
- No student is permitted to leave his/her seat without permission
- Students will raise one finger for permission to sharpen their pencil
- Students will raise two fingers for permission to go to the bathroom (only during student-centered time)
- Students will raise three fingers for permission to move within the classroom (i.e. get a tissue or get materials)
- Students will not be allowed to go to their lockers during class time
- Students are responsible for making up all missed work.
- Students should check their mailbox for a “While You Were Out…” form detailing missed class work and homework assignments.
- Students have two days for each day they are absent to make up work.
- Homework is worth 15% of the course grade and should be taken seriously
- Homework will be assigned daily and checked the following day in class
- Homework assignments are worth 10 points each and will be graded based on effort
- Turning in a homework late will result in a 50% grade reduction on that assignment
- Failure to complete a homework (by the Wednesday detention day) will result in after school and/or lunch detention
- If a student does not turn in their homework, they will be asked to fill out a "no homework" slip detailing what the assignment was and why they did not complete it.
- The slip will be place on the homework detention bulletin board until the student completes the assignment.
- Students should check the bulletin board regularly to see if they owe any assignments.
- Students have until Wednesday at 2:30 pm to turn in any late homework assignment(s).
- If the student does not turn in all late assignment(s) by 2:30 pm on Wednesday, they will have to serve a detention after school on that Wednesday in order to complete the assignment.
- If the student skips the required homework detention, we will contact home (e-mail or phone) and the student will be issued a school referral and/or a lunch detention.
Last Modified on October 3, 2018