Did you know?
"Eating for sports should be an extension of healthy eating for life."
When most adults think about exercise, they imagine working out in the gym on a treadmill or lifting weights. But for children, exercise means playing and being physically active. Kids exercise when they have pe class at school, soccer practice, or dance class. They're also exercising when they're at recess, riding bikes, or playing tag.
The Many Benefits of Exercise
Everyone can benefit from regular exercise. A child who is active will:
- have stronger muscles and bones
- have a leaner body because exercise helps control body fat
- be less likely to become overweight
- decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- possibly lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels
- have a better outlook on life