Watch the 2014 AOF Video
Academy of Finance
Lancaster’s Academy of Finance is a national model for academy programs and has earned two significant designations for excellence.
Exemplar Site – Partnership for 21st Century Skills (2014)
The Partnership for 21st Century Skills (P21) was founded by the U.S. Department of Education and significant organizations such as Apple Computer, Microsoft and the National Education Association in 2002 as a coalition bringing together the business community, education leaders, and policymakers.
Distinguished Academy – National Academy Foundation (2011,2012,2013)
The National Academy Foundation (NAF) is a leader in the movement to prepare young people for college and career success. For 30 years, NAF has refined a proven educational model which includes industry-focused curricula, work-based learning experiences, and business partner expertise
Increase the engagement of high school students beyond the walls of the school so that their academic achievement leads to opportunities of professional experience, financial well-being and establish a foundation for lifelong success.
- A high-return on their education
- A clear understanding of the numerous career opportunities available within our community
- Meaningful connections with a network of professionals and community leaders
- Self-discipline and preparation to handle the demands of higher education and employment
- To be equipped to assure financial independence
We ensure students excel by:
- Establishing partnerships with local businesses, community leaders, parents and the National Academy Foundation (NAF)
- Delivering a nationally developed curriculum which is relevant, rigorous, project-based and integrated into core subjects
- Sustaining a separate advisory board which engages students through mentoring, work-based-learning opportunities and secures career based internships
- Refining a student’s competitive edge through job shadowing, student conferences, college credit, public speaking opportunities and community service
- Providing meaningful opportunities so that students may assert their leadership ability and intelligence in professional settings as high-achieving students, motivated employees and role models