What Do We Do During Resource Period?
The Resource Period is not a Study Hall. During this class, the following activities will be provided:
· Study groups to provide preparation for upcoming quizzes and tests
· Reinforcement of concepts taught in the core area academic classes through additional review sheets, study guides, workbooks, notes, etc.
· Complete transition activities to help students know themselves better as learners and help prepare a plan for after high school.
· Development of organizational skills through scheduling of project work and setting up of intermittent due dates for completion to assure completion of entire project on time
· Development of independent study skills to achieve school success
· Set goals and monitor progress to accomplish IEP/504 requirements
How to Be Successful in the Resource Program
There are several things you can do to be successful in the Resource Program. They include:
· Completing your homework each evening and handing it in on time
· Asking either your academic or resource teacher for help with concepts or work you do not understand
· Participating in review classes and study groups during the Resource Period
· Participating in after school study groups held by teachers to prepare for exams
· Completing any extra credit assignments
· Arriving to classes on time with all materials needed for that class