Students can do almost anything to earn extra credit throughout the year!
Some examples are:
1. Complete as many tasks as you would like from the "Caja de tesoro" (Treasure Chest) that is located in class.
2. Look for advertisements, products, labels, etc., in Spanish! (Example: Shampoo bottles, directions for electronics, etc.) and bring them to class and tell me what some of the words mean in English.
3. Create flashcards with the Spanish word on one side and a picture (or the English word) on the other side. You can use www.quizlet.com to create them or just use index cards or paper cut up into small squares.
4. You can make an authentic Hispanic food.
5. You can have a relative, neighbor, or friend come in to speak to the class in Spanish or about a trip they've taken to a Spanish speaking country.
6. You can post videos or websites on Edmodo about Hispanic holidays, Spanish speaking countries, etc.
7. You can post comments on Edmodo in Spanish.
8. You can have a conversation with someone in Spanish (it can be a friend, a relative, a neighbor) and then just have one of your parents (or the adult you spoke with) write a note verifying that you spoke in Spanish.
9. Read a book or website about a Spanish speaking country and write a summary in English about what you learned. Please note: When writing your summary, you should not simply copy and paste information from a website and then put it into a document and print it out. You should SUMMARIZE what you have learned IN YOUR OWN WORDS.
10. You can create a poster about something Spanish related! Please note: When creating your poster, you should not simply copy and paste information from a website and put it on your poster. You should SUMMARIZE what you have learned IN YOUR OWN WORDS.
The possibilities are endless! If you have an idea of something that isn't listed above, let me know what it is!