WORKING PAPERS are processed in the nurse's office during school hours in the nurse's office.  Applications can be printed off this website or students can pick one up in the nurse's office.  You do not need to have a job in order to obtain working papers.
    The nurse's office is closed during the summer months, however, working papers will be issued through the nurse's office.  It will be at least a 3 to 4 day turn around for working papers to be processed during the summer.  
    Applications can be brought in to the Main Office at the High School (Monday through Friday) between 9 - 11 a.m.  Working papers will be processed on Tuesday and Thursdays.
    PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE APPLICATION IS COMPLETE AS TO NOT DELAY THE PROCESS. This includes have Part I of the application completely filled out (including parent signature). Proof of Age (birth certificate, passport, driver's license or baptismal certificate) and provide a CURRENT PHYSICAL.  The Main Office does NOT have the ability to check if the physical on file is current.    
    If you need to fax a physical form to the nurse's office, please use the following number during the summer:
                                    686-3347 (after school hours)
                    (during summer vacation)
    A link to the working paper application is below.
    Types of working permits:
    Ages 14/15 -- part time (blue card)
    Ages 16/17 -- part time (green card)
    Ages 16/17 -- full time (salmon card) no longer in school
    Ages 11-18 -- Newspaper permit
    Ages 12/13 -- Farm permit
    Ages 14/15 -- Farm Permit
    The following three items are needed in order to process the working paper application.  The only exception if for Newspaper Permit and Farm Permit where an applicant may replace the physical with a current report card stating that he/she is taking physical education and has a passing grade. 
    1.  Application for Employment Certificate
    2.  Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, US Passport or Driver's License
    3.  Physical Certificate -- a current physical (within one year)
    An application for working papers can be picked up at Lancaster High School, Lancaster Middle School, St. Mary's High School or various private schools in the area. You also can download the application. The link is provided below.  Working cards are issued only at Lancaster High School in the nurse's office. No working cards are issued during Christmas, Winter or Easter recess.
    Fill out Part I of application
    1.  Make sure parent/guardian signs this application (link to application form is below)
                                    (working card permit) 
                                     (newspaper permit)
    2.  Provide one of the following for proof of age
            Birth Certificate        Passport        Baptismal Certificate        Driver's License 
    A certificate issued by the hospital will not be accepted. ***
    3.  The applicant must have a doctor's exam (physical) within the last 12 months.
          It must be checked on the physical form that the person is qualified to work.
          If it does not specify this, the physical will not be accepted.
            The doctor can complete the "Physical Fitness Certification" (a link to this form is below).  The doctor must also stamp his/her name next to his/her signature. 
                  Physical Fitness Certification                                                                                             
    Applicants must pick up his/her own working card.
    The parent cannot pick up the working card for their child. 
Last Modified on September 25, 2018