Want some extra credit? Create a poster of a famous mathematician that can be hung up in the classroom. You can do a maximum of 1 poster per quarter (on different mathematicians).
Your Poster Should Include:
- 5 facts about his or her life
- What he or she is known for
- Why this person or their discovery is important
- A picture of the person.
You can choose any mathematician you want but this list includes some of the most important ones.
- Carl Friedrich Gauss
- Georg Cantor
- George Boole
- Gottfried Leibniz
- Isaac Newton
- the Bernoulli's
- Leonhard Euler
- Pierre De Fermat
- Rene Descartes
The following links may help you with your project:
- The Famous People - Mathematicians contains many of the mathematicians listed above
- List of Famous Mathematicians contains many of the people above organized in a chart
- Biographies of Women Mathematicians is a great site if you are interested in learning about women's contributions to the field of mathematics.