ITEMS CARRIED ON SCHOOL BUS
The Board of Education, in compliance with the New York State Department of Transportation Regulations, Section 721, 122, will limit the carrying of items on school buses to those that can be carried in the hands or the lap of the student, or secured under the seats so as not to interfere with the safety or comfort of passengers.
The following lists determine items that can/cannot be allowed on school buses:
- Acceptable items: Books, small backpacks, small book bags, lunch boxes. Hockey or Lacrosse sticks and baseball bats can be allowed if fully enclosed in a sports bag and secured in the seat with the student.
- Not Allowed on the School Bus: Glass containers, pressurized containers, skateboards, snowboards, large projects, suitcases, animals, birds, fish, reptiles, worms, etc. with or without cages, sharp items such as an umbrella with sharp points, string art, etc.
Any item that, in the opinion of the Supervisor of Transportation, is a safety hazard will not be allowed on the school bus.
- Musical Instruments: Allowed to be carried on school bus: Flute, Oboe, Piccolo and Clarinet.
- Allowed to be carried on (secured under the seat): Violin, Viola, Trumpet, Alto Sax Saxophone, Trombone and Bass Clarinet.
- NOT to be Transported: Guitar, French Horn, Cello, Bass, Baritone Sax, Tenor Sax, Tuba, Snare Drum.
Special arrangements will be made for securing and transporting large items and/or large musical instruments for field trip purposes when requests are noted.