WORKING PAPERS are processed in the Lancaster High School Nurse's Office during school hours.
Applications can be picked up at Lancaster High School, St. Mary's High School or various private schools in the area. You can also download the application. The link is provided below. You do not need to have a job in order to obtain working papers. Working cards are issued only at Lancaster High School in the Nurse's Office. Expect at least a 24 hour turn around.
NO WORKING CARDS are issued
during the CHRISTMAS, WINTER or EASTER Recesses.
Please refer all questions regarding working papers to Mrs. Scarpello (686-3343).
Types of working permits:
Ages 14/15 -- part time (blue card)
Ages 16/17 -- part time (green card)
Ages 16/17 -- full time (salmon card) - if minor is no longer in school
Ages 11-18 -- Newspaper permit
Ages 12/13 -- Farm permit
Ages 14/15 -- Farm Permit
The following three items are needed in order to process the working paper application. The only exception is for Newspaper Permit and Farm Permit where an applicant may replace the physical with a current report card stating that he/she is taking physical education and has a passing grade.
1. Application for Employment Certificate.
Fill out Part I of the application.
** Make sure a parent/guardian signs this application
http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/documents/AT176-19.pdf (working paper application)
http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/documents/AT-22-updated6-19.pdf (newspaper permit application)
2. PROOF OF AGE - Provide one of the following for proof of age.
Birth Certificate U.S. Passport Baptismal Certificate Driver's License/Permit
*** A certificate issued by the hospital will not be accepted. ***3. Health Appraisal Form or Physical Fitness CertificateHealth Appraisal Form - The applicant must have a doctor's exam (physical) within the last 12 months (from the date the applicaton is PROCESSED).It must be checked on the physical form that the person is qualified to work.If it does not specify this, the physical will not be accepted.A "Summary of Visit" is NOT a physical and is not accepted.OR
Physical Fitness Certificate - The doctor can complete the "Physical Fitness Certification" form (a link to this form is below).** Applicants must pick up his/her working card in the Nurse's Office. **Applicants receiving a REMOTE EDUCATION:
STEP 1 (Application)
- Use this link to access a "fillable PDF application form" which allows electronic completion of the application and allows a parent/guardian to electronically sign the application: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/documents/AT17-0320Fillable.pdf
- Fill in Part 1 of the form, including parent/guardian signature.
- Email the entire form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(you may have to save your form, then attach it to the email).
- Use this link to print the application form: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/documents/AT176-19.pdf
- Complete Part 1 of the form, including parent/guardian signature
- Scan/email the entire form to: email@example.com
STEP 2 (Documentation)
Email the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- proof of the applicant's age (birth certificate, drivers license/learner permit, passport, or baptism certificate)
- a current physical,
OR, the Physical Fitness Certification Form (completed by the applicant's physician)
STEP 3 (Receipt of the working permit)
After receiving the above information, the working card will be processed and mailed to the applicant’s address that is on file in eSchool.
** If you would prefer to send the applicaton and necessary paperwork via the U.S. Postal Service, please mail them to: **
Lancaster High School
1 Forton Drive
Lancaster, NY 14086