What is the return on your $114.5 million investment?
- 5642 - We educate 5642 of Lancaster's children.
- 966 - Lancaster employs 966 full and part time professional and support staff - many of whom are residents and support the local economy.
- 887 - Number of students enrolled in one of our seven distinctive and national award-winning academy programs.
Lancaster Central School District - $17,781 per pupil expenditure versus New York State Average $25,845, based on latest NYS data.
Estimated tax decrease of -$3.03, creating lowest tax rate in 10 years.
Ranked in the Top 9 Percent of High Schools Nationally by US News - citing a high graduation rate of 98% as one reason.
Advanced Placement and Other Opportunities for Success:
- 772 - Total of exams taken
- 378 - Total AP students
- 84.1% - of all exams taken were received scores of 3 or higher; our students don't just take the class, they earn credit. Highest in school history!
In addition, we now offer 18 dual enrollment courses (and counting). Students can choose from a wide variety of courses that provide a pathway to earn college credit while concurrently earning high school credit (i.e., dual enrollment). While individual cases may vary, students can often utilize the credits to reduce tuition costs, upon enrolling in a college.
For those who don't thrive in a traditional setting, Lancaster Alternative Program (LAP) is one of two local programs created to serve our students who have not achieved success in the traditional school setting.
100 Years in the Making
Over its storied history, LHS football has achieved six Section 6 AA class championships, including this year. The Legends were recently named by Maxpreps.com in their national ranking as the 2nd most popular football team in New York.
16th Consecutive Year
LHS Student Union achieved Gold Council of Excellence Award from the National Association of Student Councils; one of only 9 in the nation who have received the award since its inception.
Academy of Finance 10th Consecutive Year
NAF Distinguished Academy - One of only 3 of NAF's 700 academies around the nation to have achieved this feat!
4th Consecutive Year
2020 Best Communities for Music Education
"Lancaster consistently ranks as a school district with one of the highest ratings in the state for administrative efficiency and cost effectiveness, all while offering a richly diversified program for all ability levels."
- Sources: Business First, US News and World Report, New York State Education Department
"During this time of uncertainty and unrest, one variable has been constant throughout ... the education of our students! We always appreciate your hard work, dedication, compassion, and professionalism, but you have truly shined during this crisis. Once again, I am amazed but not surprised. Speaking personally, there is no place I would rather raise my children than right here in Lancaster. We have the best teachers in all of New York!"
- Andrew Kufel, Ph.D., Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum, Instruction and Pupil Personnel Services