Welcome to Señora Kenline's 7th Grade Spanish Class
Bienvenidos (Welcome) Parents & Students...
What an exciting year as students are introduced to Spanish!!
I hope to provide insight from my Spanish heritage and share the love I have for the Spanish language and it's culture. Most importantly, I tell students"Don't worry... it's not about perfection, it's about learning how to communicate, Sí, tú PUEDES! (YOU CAN DO IT!) Students and Parents are encouraged to sign up for REMIND; an informational app to communicate throughout the year.
Google Classroom: https://classroom.google.com (join codes will be advised)
TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
What your CHILD can do to succeed in Spanish:
1. Ask for teacher assistance when needed!
2. Keep informed by checking Google Classroom daily and signing up for Remind!
3. Review vocabulary regularly (5-10 minutes daily)
4. Use an agenda planner to keep track of assignments, tests...
5. Show interest and have a positive attitude in class.
6. Hand in all assignments & projects on time
7. Create flash cards for vocabulary review – create a game on Quizlet!
8. Check out helpful language links for vocab & grammar
practice activities (Quizlet, Quizziz, Duolingo and more)
10. Review with friends, older siblings, family members
What YOU can do to help your child succeed in Spanish:
1. Help prepare a quiet study place at home with no distractions!
(Privileges such as cell phone use, videogames, Netflix can be rewards afterwards:)
2. Teach strategies to organize their time effectively.
3. Check agenda planner and teacher website for daily assignments & projects.
4. Check Google Classroom for assignments and sign up for Remind
5. Check PARENT or STUDENT PORTAL regularly.
6. Set aside 5 - 10 minutes every night that are specifically for
review of Spanish vocabulary/notes.
7. Make language learning a part of your daily activities. Learn along with your child!
8. Make it fun by labeling objects around the house or by playing matching, memory, or other card games with vocabulary flash cards.