Welcome to Lancaster Athletics!Pride Tradition SpiritNYSPHSAA Scholar Athlete School of Distinction 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2019-20NYSPHSAA Scholar Athlete School of Excellence 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19Important AnnouncementWinter on-line registration will start on Monday, October 26, 2020 and end Monday, November 2, 2020. Information will be available on opening day.
September 21, 2020
To student athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, parents and patrons:
As we navigate through these uncertain times during the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like you to know that the health and safety of all student athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, parents and patrons is our number one priority.
When you are in our facilities, we are asking you to adhere with the following guidelines:
- Per NYS Department of Health guidance, masks or face coverings are required for all participants, coaches, workers, officials, patrons or anyone entering a Lancaster Central Schools facility. Masks will be required to be worn at all times including in the athletic training rooms, practice fields and games fields.
- Per NYS Department of Health guidance, facilites will be limited to TWO spectators per athlete. We ask that you continue to follow all social distancing procedures maintaing six feet of physical distance between individuals.
- Lancaster Central Schools believes sportsmanship is paramount to the develop of our student athletes, at this time, there will be no hand shaking , high fives, hugging or fist bumps between opposing teams, both before and after games, this is to reduce contact as much as possible.
- There will be no shared towels, clothing, shoes, or water bottles between participants, officials and coaches.
- Before, during and after the contest, players, coaches, game officials, team personnel and game administration officials should wash and sanitize their hands as often as possible.
- Locker rooms will not be available for use, we recommend that teams and officials come dressed and ready to participate in the event.
- Only necessary personnel will be allowed in the press box, on the sidelines and at the scorer's tables.
- When traveling to and from away events, all Lancaster coaches and student athletes will be required to wear face coverings.
- Student athletes need to provide their own transportation to practices when they are not in the school building.
We thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns before coming to our facilities, please do not hestitate to contact our athletic department at (716) 686-3271.
For further detailed information regarding the NYS Department of Health guidance please visit NYS Dept of Health Master Guide.
For further detailed information from NYSPHSAA regarding return to interscholastic athletics please visit NYSPHSAA Return to Interscholastic
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
GO LEGENDS!!!! We are ONE Lancaster
Brian Wild, Athletic Director