Announcing NAVIANCE!Beginning in Fall 2012, the Lancaster HS School Counselors are providing all students and their families with access to Naviance. This program maintains data on colleges all across the country and the world, and is accessible from any computer with web access. Additionally, Naviance keeps track of recent LHS college applications, student statistics, and admissions decisions. Students and parents now have access to a wide range of college admissions information.
Some of the features of Naviance:
- College Search - families can search for colleges based on numerous qualifications like location, size of student body, majors offered, cost, etc. Naviance includes over 6000 colleges from all over the world in its database - counselors have found this search engine to be easy to use and to yield quality results.
- College Lookup - With Naviance, it is easy to look up information on any college of interest to you. Students can find out admissions requirements, majors and activities offered, and statistics about the student body at the click of a button. It easy to research colleges as college contact information is readily available, including a direct link to the college homepage.
- My Colleges - This feature allows students to keep track of the colleges they are considering and create an "active application" list as they decide where to apply.
- Do What You Are - This feature is an excellent tool for giving students some insight into their personality type and how their pattern of interests and personal characteristics mesh with different occupational categories. (Click on "personality type" to access this feature.
How to Access Naviance
Go to the Naviance Family Connection website above (we recommend bookmarking this site).
- to log-in, enter your school email in the e-mail field.
- ask your school counselor for the password.
Guests -- enter through the "Guest" option on the sign-in screen. You will have viewing capabilities for scholarships, college rep visits, and other information.