Building Level Planning Team (BPT)
With a goal of creating a “results-oriented,” standards-based building, members of the school community participate in the Lancaster High School Building Planning Team (BPT).
· Each school building will have its own BPT responsible for making decisions and supporting initiatives within its school.
· Student achievement is the driving force behind all team decisions.
· Based upon the needs of the building, membership may include other stakeholders, i.e., students, support staff, community members and Board of Education members.
· Selection and replacement of team members should reflect ademocratic process by involving their individual constituency.
· Agendas operational procedures and meeting dates shall be the function of the Building Planning Teams and should be scheduled to accommodate the needs of all stakeholders.
· Decisions should be made by consensus whenever possible.
· Trained team members are essential for effective team operation.Members are expected to participate in ongoing skill development.
· Teams should design and implement effective communication channels.
· District level planning should include input from BPT’s. Once any plan is adopted by the district, it should become a framework for the individual building goals.