(Requirements and Information)
- Students are selected by lottery to participate in the District's Universal Pre-kindergarten Program. Based on anticipated state funding, the Lancaster Central School District is accepting lottery applications for a tuition-free Universal Pre-kindergarten program for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Your child must be 4 years old on or before December 1, 2021.
- The lottery application due date is March 19, 2021. The lottery is on Monday, March 29th.
- You must be a legal resident of the Lancaster Central School District.
- Your child must be potty-trained before school begins.
- Parents will be notified of the lottery results via US Mail approximately two weeks after the lottery.
- The pre-kindergarten program, currently provided by Carousel Academy, is located at 149 Central Avenue, Lancaster (in the Central Avenue school building).
- The pre-kindergarten program runs 2.5 hours per day, 5 days a week and follows the district calendar for holidays and recesses.
- Classes are offered in the morning (9:00-11:30 a.m.) and afternoon (12:15-2:45 p.m.). These times may be subject to change.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their child to and from the program.
- If you have any questions about the lottery process, please contact the District Office at 686-3390. Thank you!