- There are a total of four morning sessions and four afternoon sessions.
- Morning Class: 9:00-11:30 and Afternoon Class: 12:15-2:45 (times may be subject to change).
- There are 18 children in each class.
- In each classroom, there is one head teacher certified in Early Childhood Education.
- Every teacher has an assistant teacher.
Below is more information about each of the Carousel Academy teachers.Mrs. ThomasRoom 107(716) 686-3200 ext. 1113
- Each teacher encourages parent communication through conferences, email, and phone.
Mrs. UtechRoom 108(716) 686-3200 ext. 1113
Mrs. Thomas has taught pre-k for 10 years. She has also substitute taught, tutored, and worked with children at a summer program for 14 years. Mrs. Thomas attended SUNY Fredonia where she earned a Bachelor's Degree in Childhood Education. She also received her Master's Degree in Educational Technology from Buffalo State College. She is permanently certified in both Early Childhood and Childhood Education. "Preschool is an exciting time and I cherish the influence that I have not only on each child's outlook on education but also on their life. In my classroom, each child will feel safe, confident, and free to be themselves. I work to create an engaging classroom that inspires each child to have a lifelong love of learning, exploration, discovery, and play."
Mrs. ReeseRoom 109(716) 686-3200 ext. 1113
- Mrs. Utech has been working with children since 2001. She received her Bachelor's degree from Buffalo State College in Elementary Education and her Master's degree in Literacy from Medaille. Mrs. Utech has experience both as a pre-k teacher and as an Early Childhood Center Director. "I believe that the classroom environment should be a fun, hands-on, safe place where children sing, dance, and learn in engaging ways. I hope to help teach my children to be confident, how to be kind to others, and to love learning. In my classroom, I want my students to feel free to explore, be themselves, try new things, and most importantly, feel loved."
Mrs. DeAngelisRoom 110(716) 686-3200 ext. 1113
- This will be Mrs. Reese's second year teaching Pre-K. Mrs. Reese has worked with children for 13 years as a teacher and substitute teacher for a few local school districts. For the last two years, she has substitute taught in the Lancaster Central School District in grades K-4th. Mrs. Reese earned her Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education form Medaille College in Buffalo. She also earned her Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education from Buffalo State College. She is certified in Birth - 6th Grade. "Let them be little! Preschool is a time when little ones are experiencing so much and learning about so many different things. There are a lot of new adventures and I love to be able to experience it with them! Our classroom will be filled with a lot of fun, play, and movement. But most of all, letting them be little and having fun while learning!"
- Mrs. DeAngelis has been teaching pre-k for nine years. She also taught kindergarten for six years. Mrs. DeAngelis received her Bachelor of Science in Education from SUNY Fredonia and her Masters in Education with a concentration in Early Childhood from the State University of New York at Buffalo. "The preschool year is such an exciting time. Children learn and grow so much academically and socially in those early years. It is truly rewarding to be a part of it all."