The Lancaster Central School District is situated in the north-central portion of Erie County, about 10 miles east of Buffalo, New York, and encompasses approximately 35 square miles. Easy access to main thruways and highways is within minutes, as is the Buffalo-Niagara International Airport.
The district is located within the town and village of Lancaster, town of Cheektowaga, town of Elma and village of Depew. Significant housing development has resulted in a population increase over recent years; however, the district remains roughly 30 percent developed and much of the village flavor of the community survives.
1 high school, grades 9-12
1 middle school, grades 7-8
5 elementary schools, four grades K-3, one grade 4-6
487 teachers; 25 administrators
431 non-certified personnel
- Business First Honor Roll status for 13 consecutive years; Top 10 for the last five years, first time in history!
- Business First - Consistently ranked among the most cost effective and administratively efficient school districts!
- One of the first implemented and certified Project Lead the Way programs for pre-engineering; a fifth-grade segment launched as first of its kind in WNY;
- 7 academies at Lancaster High School:
- Academy of Finance - Designated as a National Academy Foundation Distinguished Academy
- Academy of Hospitality and Tourism - partners with the Russell J. Salvatore School of Hospitality and Business, Trocaire College
- Academy of the Visual and Performing Arts
- Health Care Academy
- Leadership Academy - one of a kind in the country
- Project Lead the Way
- Trades Academy
- Recognition as one of the top 100 communities in America for music education;
- 20 Advanced Placement courses offered starting freshman year; AP French and AP 2-D Design added for 2018-19 school year;
- Chromebooks support 21st century learning from prekindergarten through grade 12;
- Lancaster High School was named a GRAMMY Foundation Signature School;
- Three consecutive years as a NYSPHSAA School of Distinction for every of varsity team earning scholar-athlete status of 90 percent or greater academic averages;
- State and nationally recognized master teachers, national class musicians, and publications;
- Assisted by Lancaster Educational and Alumni Foundation, Inc. (LEAF) www.nyleaf.org.
Facebook: www.facebook.com/lancastercsd; Twitter: @lancastercsd.