2018-19 Board of Education Goals
- Attend district activities (sports, music, meetings with local elected officials, district committee meetings for designated members, and other events and meetings) when invited.
- Enhance BOE member’s knowledge of current issues in NYS education through professional development (i.e. NYSSBA convention, local workshops, Harris Beach, etc.).
- Board will seek out a service project as a team.
- Monitor politics and legislation at state and federal levels. Influence them (i.e. emails, letters, etc.) when appropriate.
- Oversee the creation of a fiscally responsible budget that upholds the mission and values of the school community while maintaining integrity of district programs, services, and financial condition.
- Support the community’s approval of a December 2018 Capital Improvement Proposition.
- Arrange to tour the district’s facilities as a group to view construction progress and conditions in need of improvement.