New York State
Science Honor Society
Lancaster Central High School
Membership Requirements 2020-2021
Science Honor Society at Lancaster Central High School has traditionally used a “credit” system. We will continue to use the same credit system. The breakdown of maintaining your membership in SHS is as follows. MEETINGS ARE MANDATORY. All meetings are virtual this year 2020-2021 and will be accessed on the Google Meet link through the SHS Google Classroom. See calendar on Google Classroom.
You must complete a total of 10 credits per semester (2 quarters) (20 total)
How you may earn credits during the semester are as follows:
· Each meeting you attend (1)
· Each clock hour you spend at committee meetings/events (per time)
· Each clock hour for participating in any SHS events (per time)
· Each clock hour for participating in SHS sponsored events (per time)
· Items for fundrasiers (baskets for auctions, etc.) (1-2)
· 1 hour of community service that are also used for other clubs (1)***
· 3 hours of leadership hours that are also used for other clubs (1)***
*** Hours must be submitted through Google Classroom within 1 week of participation and include pertinent information and contact information from the supervisor.
If you have any questions or concerns about maintaining your membership in SHS, please contact Mrs. Miller as soon as possible.
Science Honor Society Advisor
Officer Duties and Responsibilities
· All officers will have the responsibility of attending meetings and running meetings according to the agenda created by the president of SHS.
· All officers are expected to oversee other members.
· All officers are expected to communicate with the advisor on a regular basis.