New York State
Science Honor Society
Lancaster Central High School
Membership Requirements 2023-2024
Science Honor Society at Lancaster Central High School has traditionally used a “credit” system. We will continue to use the same credit system. The breakdown of maintaining your membership in SHS is as follows. MEETINGS ARE MANDATORY. Meetings are in 122 for 2023-2024 and attendance will be recorded on the Google Meet link through the SHS Google Classroom. See the calendar on Google Classroom.
You must complete a total of 12 credits per semester (2 quarters) (24 total)
Some ways you may earn credits during the semester are as follows:
· Each meeting you attend (1)
· Each clock hour you spend at committee meetings/events (per time)
· Each clock hour for participating in any SHS events (per time)
· Each clock hour for participating in SHS-sponsored events (per time)
· 3 hours of outside volunteer hours that are also used for other clubs (1)***Outside hours are limited!
*** Hours must be submitted through Google Classroom within 1 week of participation and include pertinent information and contact information from the supervisor.
If you have any questions or concerns about maintaining your membership in SHS, please contact Mrs. Miller as soon as possible.
Science Honor Society Advisor
Officer Duties and Responsibilities
· All officers will have the responsibility of attending meetings and running meetings according to the agenda created by the officers of SHS.
· All officers are expected to oversee other members.
· All officers are expected to communicate with the advisor on a regular basis.