Your child will receive homework, despite what they tell you!
Methods of notification:
- Posting in class on assignment board Monday Morning, numerous verbal cues.
- If the assignment is not turned in during the class period, it will be considered late.
- Students have the opportunity to turn late work in for ½ the original value of the assignment.
- Late work must be turned in before the end of the given marking period.
Students are required to come see me when they return to school so that I may provide them with the work and or assignment(s) that they missed. A reasonable timeline will be given to complete the work.
- At the end of each chapter a test will be given.
- Quizzes will usually be given by chapter section, for example Chapter 1-1.
- Final exam is a cumulative test that is given in June. Students will receive review materials in class.
- Grades and assignments will be available on the parent portal.
- Grading is based out of total points for a given marking period.
- 450 = Students total points from homework, tests, labs, quizzes and various other assignments.
- 500 = Total points available for the marking period.
- 450/500 = 0.9 x 100 = 90% is the marking period average.
ONLINE BOOK INFORMATION:
Login using the following: