Welcome to Miss Staszak's AIS Webpage
Phone number: (716) 686-3285
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to set up a virtual conference, please contact me at school by phone or email.
Effective September 21, 2020 - Below you will find links to all of the Sciole AIS classrooms. Please join any classes that coincide with the instruction your child regularly recieves. Open house information and student content will be shared through this platform.
Sciole AIS 1st Grade Math - 5ishkii
Sciole AIS 2nd Grade Math - gplcxj6
Sciole AIS 3rd Grade Math - jc55cqp
Sciole AIS Kindergarten ELA - arkcbkz
Sciole AIS 1st Grade ELA - 6kitn3z
Sciole AIS 2nd Grade ELA - 6epgvdb
Sciole AIS 3rd Grade ELA - ts5hmtw
What is Academic Intervention Support?
AIS is an additional support that is provided to students within the contents of the school day in order to assist them in meeting grade level expectations set forth by New York State. This intervention program is designed in order to help every student be successful. Based on student needs, it varies in frequency, duration and intensity.
How Can I Help My Child Succeed?
- I recommend you read for at least 15 minutes a night with your child and discuss what you have read after.
- Students should be practicing their math fact fluency for at least 5 minutes nightly. Play "Beat the Timer" and see how many they can do in a minute. Make it fun!
Ways to Explore Literacy
- Visit the public library.
- Visit a local book or thrift store.
- Listen to ebooks while driving.
- Take turns reading every other page.
- Read a different genre: fiction, nonfiction, mystery, poetry, fantasy, graphic novel, biography, cookbook, etc.
- Find new and exciting places to read.
- Read books, then watch the movie to compare and contrast.