A reminder about food services availability:
The Lancaster Central School District Food Service Department will be providing a summer meal program through August 27. The opportunity for families to drive through and pick-up meals for children in their household will occur every Tuesday and Thursday, beginning July 14th, from 10 am to noon throughout August 27. Meals will be disbursed out of Court Street Elementary, 91 Court Street, Lancaster.
Tuesdays will include two sets of breakfasts and lunches per child. Thursdays will include three sets of breakfasts and lunches per child.
As this is a summer program operation and no longer an emergency meal service due to the school closure, an initial registration is required before picking up any meals. Families are eligible for meals for any child in the household 18 years old and younger. Meals are at no cost to the families regardless of meal program status (full pay, reduced, or free). Meals will be for pick-up only. There will not be a delivery option. No meals will be consumed on site.
Children do not need to be present in order for their meals to be provided. The family’s registration number must be presented at the pick-up in order to receive meals.
Summer Program Meal Pick-up Details:
- Court Street Elementary School, 91 Court Street, Lancaster.
- Beginning Tuesday, July 14th through August 27th.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday
- Pick-up hours are 10:00 am-noon
- Drive up around the bus loop in the front of the building. The program will provide door to car service. Do not exit your vehicle.
- A bag containing two breakfasts and two lunches will be provided on Tuesday. A bag containing three breakfasts and three lunches will be provided on Thursday.
- Alternate meals will be provided for students with dietary restrictions based on requests set forth in the registration form. This will also need to be set forth to program workers each time you pick-up.
- You will need to register to participate in this program. Your information will be confirmed and you will be emailed a number to use in the pick-up line. You do not need to register, sign up, or order each time you plan to pick-up.
- Registrations received on a pick-up day may not be processed before that day’s pick up time. You may begin meal pick-ups once you are provided with a pick-up number.
- If you are picking up for more than your family (ie. a neighbor, a child that you provide daycare for), the family should register their child(ren) and provide you with their pick-up number.
We encourage families to continue to be proactive in reducing risk of COVID-19 by not congregating at the school site once meals have been distributed. Additionally, we encourage any sick family members to remain at home.
If you would like to participate in this opportunity, please use the link below to register. Please read the registration form thoroughly to ensure information is provided correctly.
Please complete the Summer Meal Program Registration
If you have any questions please contact the food service department at 716-686-3246.
Regarding NYS Regents Examinations:
- The NYS Regents Examinations scheduled for June 2020 have been cancelled. Students are exempt from the Regents Examination if they were planning on taking during the June 2020 test administration. The FAQ below has greater details regarding specific situations.
- State Education Department Issues Guidance on Graduation and Course Requirement Changes Due to COVID-19 and Ongoing Statewide School Closure.
Regarding Advanced Placement Examinations
- Students can take exams from home (or school if reopened) during May 11 - 22. The format will be open book/note, which is similar to many college-level exams.
- The exams, format and questions, have been modified to meet the needs of our students for at-home administration, and, thus, allow students to take the exams on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- For additional information, please visit the College Board's site for additional updates regarding the AP Exams (COVID-19).
From the desk of our Family Support Center on behalf of anyone who might be in need of special services during this difficult time:
Resources available for Mental Health needs for children and families
Spectrum C.A.R.E.S. Team 882-4357 mobile mental health for children
Crisis Services 834-3131
Mental Health Agencies that have walk-in clinics
Endeavor Health Services 895-6700
Thruway Plaza location 1526 Walden Ave. Cheektowaga Tuesday, Wednesday; Thursday 9:00am to 4:00pm
Bowmansville location 681-5077 5360 Genesee St. Bowmansville Call for availability
Horizon Health Services 831-1800 2563 Union Rd. Cheektowaga Monday to Friday 9:30am to 11:00am
Best Self Behavioral Health
University location 835-4011 3350 Main St. Buffalo Tuesday 12:30pm to 3:00pm and Wednesday 8:30am to 11:30am
Buffalo East location 332-4142 1000 Main St. Buffalo Tuesday 8:30am to11:30am and Thursday 11:00am to 2:00pm
West location 853-1335430 Niagara St. Buffalo Monday 8:30 am to 11:30 am, Tuesday 12:30pm to 3:00pm and Wednesday 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Southtowns location 646- 4991 140 Pine St. Hamburg Monday 8:30am to11:30am and Wednesday 11:00am to 2:00pm
Mental Health Advocates of WNY 886-1242
Erie County Emergency Aid to Families 858-6754
Versatrans My Stop
Providing online estimated time of arrival and bus stop look up for parents.
Download the app or go to the My Stop website. Downloading the application: On your smartphone, go to your App Store or the Play store. The Versatrans My Stop app is powered from Tyler Technologies. If you are having a hard time finding it, try searching Versatrans My Stop and the app should come up.
Versatrans My Stop on Google Play
Versatrans My Stop on iTunes App Store
You may also visit the website (after locating the website, skip to Step 3).
Parents login via the website to view My Stop Information
Once the App is downloaded, select the school district:
“Lancaster CSD Lancaster NY”
Log in: The login for Lancaster parents is the student identification number as the username and the date of birth in mmddyyyy format (no / or other punctuation) as the password.
Username: Enter the Student Identification Number (example: 120000001)
Password: Enter the student’s Date of Birth (example: 11102000)
If the household has multiple students attending different schools, you should be able to toggle between students. If not, log out and sign in using another one of your child’s student identification numbers and date of birth to view individual student’s bus.
On the map page, view real time information on your student’s bus.
Location and estimated time of arrival is automatically updated every 45 seconds.
Effective immediately and until further notice, we are suspending all public Lancaster School District gatherings that include more than 50 people. Gatherings within our schools that include only our students and staff, such as assemblies, professional learning, student government meetings, etc. will continue as normal. Examples of public gatherings of more than 50 people that will be suspended are concerts, public forums, and spectators attending sporting events.