Phone: 686-3255 @ext. 9241
Degrees and Certifications:
BA D'Youville College - History MS Canisus College - Education 2005 Western New York/ Niagara Council of Social Studies Teacher of the Year 2007 & 2013 St. Bonaventure Model United Nations Advisor of the Year
Mrs. Mary Ann Pantera
How to Contact Me: If you have any concerns, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Schedule a Conference: Please contact your son's or daughter's guidance counselor to make arrangements.
U.S History & Government 11th grade New York State Regents (40 weeks)
- Tools for Success!
- Student/Parent/Teacher Communication #1
- Students need to study every day for 20 minutes, WHY? It helps the student develop understanding of materials and visualization of note sheets.
- Review Binder!!!!!! Students will create a quarterly binder with all the necessary materials from class that they need for the final exam.
- Useful 21st Century Apps like; Castle Learning, Google Classroom, Quizlet and Websters Dictionary will be placed on students cell phones.
- Purchase of a Review Book - Students will have a hands-on resource for test prep.
PIG Course Content
Participation in Government (12th grade) is a 20 week class mandated by the New York State Department of Education.
This is a graduation requirement.The class gives students an overview of the functions of our systems of American Government and Politics.There are six units that are covered in the course:Unit I - Foundations of American Democracy/CitizenshipUnit II - Political PartiesUnit III - Election ProcessUnit IV - Interest Groups,Public Opinion and Public PolicyUnit V - Civil Rights & Civil LibertiesUnit VI - State & Local Government