5th Grade TechnologyMr. Canaski - Room B200
Welcome to the 5th grade Technology Website. This website will be updated periodically with important information. Below are some important notes about this upcoming school year.
- As a teacher my goal this year is to help your 5th grade technology student reach their full potential in the content that we will be able to cover.
- Students will be receiving their Google Classroom code for Tech from their classroom teachers.
- All students should come to my in-school or virtual classroom prepared. In school students will bring their earbuds and Chromebooks with them to class.
- Students are expected to work on course work weekly. There will be 3 assignment/activities per week that students need to attend to. Students should not be working on Tech longer than their scheduled time (About 30 min).
- Students will have time to meet with me virtually during their scheduled special time. They can follow the Google Meet link in Classrooms to meet with me at their time. Please remind students of being respectful during Google Meets. This is OPTIONAL
- Parents or guardians interested in a better picture of what is happening in Google Classrooms can request to receive guardian summaries from Google. Fill out the Google form if you would like to receive Google Classroom Guardian Summaries. Click here to learn more about Google Classroom Guardian Summaries.
- On this website you will find a Google Calender for your students classroom teacher with assignment due dates on it.
- Assignments/Activities are due by the Google Classrooms due date. I will not be able to go back and grade late work. Missing assignments will be marked as a 0. Please keep up on assignments/activities.
- ALL Student MUST take attendance for the days they are supposed to be in Tech using the Weekly Attendance form in Google Classrooms. Student can easily find this in the "Classwork" section of Google Classrooms. If students do not fill out the form properly then they will be marked as absent.
- If you notice an issue in Parent Portal abobut attendace please email me and include studnets homeroom teacher and date of mistake. I am human and with so many studnets and the unique way of taking attendace can make mistakes.
- If you are using a device different from what the district issued you may run into compatibility issues. If students are not able to access G-Suite items they may be using the wrong account. Follow the link for a video showing you how to make sure you are on the right account.
- Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Last Modified on September 16, 2020