Welcome to Pre-Kindergarten!
The Lancaster Central School District currently partners with Carousel Academy to provide Pre-Kindergarten services to our 4-year-old students. We offer high quality learning experiences that set the foundation for educational success. Each day, we strive to build an atmosphere that fosters an enjoyment and love of learning.
Requirements and Information
- Students are selected by lottery to participate in the District's Universal Pre-kindergarten Program. Based on anticipated state funding, the Lancaster Central School District is accepting lottery applications for a tuition-free Universal Pre-kindergarten program for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Your child must be 4 years old on or before December 1, 2021.
- The lottery application due date is March 19, 2021. The lottery is on Monday, March 29th.
- You must be a legal resident of the Lancaster Central School District.
- Your child must be potty-trained before school begins.
- Parents will be notified of the lottery results via US Mail approximately two weeks after the lottery.
- The pre-kindergarten program, currently provided by Carousel Academy, is located at 149 Central Avenue, Lancaster (in the Central Avenue school building).
- The pre-kindergarten program runs 2.5 hours per day, 5 days a week and follows the district calendar for holidays and recesses.
- Classes are offered in the morning (9:00-11:30 a.m.) and afternoon (12:15-2:45 p.m.). These times may be subject to change.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their child to and from the program.
- If you have any questions about the lottery process, please contact the District Office at 686-3390. Thank you!
- There are a total of four morning sessions and four afternoon sessions.
- Morning Class: 9:00-11:30 and Afternoon Class: 12:15-2:45 (times may be subject to change).
- There are 18 children in each class.
- In each classroom, there is one head teacher certified in Early Childhood Education.
- Every teacher has an assistant teacher.
- Each teacher encourages parent communication through conferences, email, and phone.
149 Central Avenue
Lancaster, New York 14086
School Phone: (716) 686-3200 extension1113
Administrator, Amanda Karnath: (716) 863-1398 firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Contact Information:
Beginning in September, the teachers can be reached at the school: (716) 686-3200 extension 1113
To further the students' education, the pre-k teachers invite guest speakers from the community to come in and speak to the children about their professions. Below are some of the professionals that visit the school througout the year:
- Local Farm