Pre-Kindergarten Program'sRequirements and Information
- Please call (716) 686-3390 if you would like your child added to the wait list for the 2019-2020 school year.
- You must be a resident of the Lancaster Central School District.
- Your child must be 4 years old on or before December 1, 2019.
- Your child must be potty trained before school begins.
*If you have any questions about the lottery process or registration, please contact the district office at 686-3390. Thank you!
- A lottery is used to fill available slots for the pre-k program. The lottery will be held at William Street School on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 5:00pm. Parents will be notified of the lottery results via US Mail approximately two weeks after the lottery. Please call (716) 686-3390 if you would like your child added to the wait list for the 2019-2020 school year.
- The pre-kindergarten program, currently provided by Carousel Academy, is located at 149 Central Avenue, Lancaster, NY (in the former Central Avenue Elementary school building).
- Parents are responsible for transporting their child to and from the program.
- The pre-kindergarten program runs 2.5 hours per day, 5 days a week.
- The program follows the district calendar. Classes are offered in the morning (9:00 -11:30) and afternoon (12:15 -2:45). (These times may be subject to change.)