January 2, 2022: COVID-19 Test Kit Distribution
Dear Lancaster Families,
The COVID-19 test kits are scheduled to arrive at Erie 1 BOCES early this evening. Now that we know the test kits are arriving in WNY, we feel comfortable providing the details of Sunday morning’s distribution process. As stated previously, the goal of Governor Hochul and NYSDOH Commissioner Mary Bassett is to assist school districts in their efforts to maintain in-person learning by having as many students as possible tested for COVID-19 prior to school resuming on Monday, January 3, 2022.
Please see the information below regarding the testing distribution plan.
- Each family will receive one test kit for each LCSD student. Each test kit contains two tests.
- Sunday, January 2, 2022, from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Lancaster High School for families who reside NORTH of Walden Ave.
- Families must enter the main parking lot at the south end of LHS. A test kit will be provided to each vehicle near the cafeteria.
- William Street School for families who reside SOUTH of Walden Ave.
- Families should enter the parking lot at the west end of WSS (closest to Transit Road). A test kit will be provided to each vehicle just past the main entrance.
- Please have your child’s Lancaster student ID or Lancaster student ID number accessible at the pick-up location.
- A parent/guardian must be present to receive the test kit.
- Please stay in your car and wear a mask.
Please note that student testing is not required for students to return on Monday, January 3, 2022, but it is being made available to students and families. We believe providing the test kits is yet another mitigation strategy to help maintain an educational environment that is healthy and safe. If you are unable to pick up your testing kit on Sunday morning, they will be provided at a later date.
If you choose to test your child and he/she tests positive, that result must be reported to your school and the Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH) using the following link: https://www3.erie.gov/covid/form/form-to-report-a-positive-covid- If your child tests negative, there is no need to report the test results.
Students who test positive must remain at home and follow all the ECDOH COVID-19 health and safety protocols to return to school. As always, Lancaster will continue to provide support for students who are subject to an isolation order. Once your child’s school is notified of a positive test result, soon after you will receive information regarding online learning.
Finally, NYSDOH along with the ECDOH are going to adopt the Test to Stay program. I look forward to sharing additional details regarding Test to Stay and when this will begin in our District in the near future.
Thank you for your assistance in keeping our students and staff healthy and in school.
Michael J. Vallely, Ph.D.